When it comes to keeping our valuables safe and secure, traditional safes may come to mind. However, traditional safes can be bulky, expensive, and sometimes even an eyesore in our homes. This is where diversion safes come in. Diversion safes are a type of safe that is designed to blend in with everyday objects or outdoor items. In this article, we will discuss the different types of diversion safes, factors to consider when choosing one, advantages and disadvantages of diversion safes, and some frequently asked questions about them.
Types of Diversion Safes My Self Defense
A. Everyday Objects
- Book Safe: A book safe is a safe that is disguised as a book. They can be made from real books or fake ones and can blend in seamlessly on a bookshelf. Book safes are ideal for storing smaller items such as jewelry, cash, or keys.
- Soda Can Safe: A soda can safe is a safe that is designed to look like a regular soda can. The top of the can screws off to reveal a hidden compartment inside. Soda can safes are ideal for storing small items and are often used in the fridge or pantry.
- Wall Socket Safe: A wall socket safe is a safe that is designed to look like an electrical outlet. It can be installed directly into the wall and is ideal for storing small items such as cash, keys, or jewelry. A wall socket safe is discreet and can be used in any room of the house.
B. Outdoor Objects
- Rock Safe: A rock safe is a safe that is designed to look like a rock. They can blend in seamlessly with other rocks in your yard or garden. Rock safes are ideal for storing spare keys or small amounts of cash.
- Garden Stone Safe: A garden stone safe is a safe that is designed to look like a garden stone. It can blend in seamlessly with other garden stones and is ideal for storing small items such as spare keys or cash.
- Sprinkler Safe: A sprinkler safe is a safe that is designed to look like a sprinkler head. It can be installed directly into the ground and is ideal for storing small items such as spare keys or cash. Sprinkler safes are ideal for outdoor use and can blend in seamlessly with your landscaping.
III. Factors to Consider When Choosing a Diversion Safe
When choosing a diversion safe, there are several factors to consider to ensure that it is effective and suitable for your needs.
A. Purpose: The first factor to consider is the purpose of the safe. What items do you plan on storing in the safe? If you plan on storing firearms or other large items, you will need a larger safe. If you only plan on storing small items such as cash, jewelry, or spare keys, a smaller safe will suffice.
B. Size: Size is another factor to consider when choosing a diversion safe. It’s important to choose a safe that is large enough to accommodate your items, but not too large that it is noticeable. Consider the size of the everyday object or outdoor item that the safe is disguised as to ensure that it is a suitable size.
C. Material: The material of the safe is also an important factor to consider. Diversion safes can be made from a variety of materials such as plastic, metal, or even real everyday objects. Consider the durability of the material and how it will hold up over time.
D. Concealment: The concealment of the safe is crucial to its effectiveness. Consider how well the safe blends in with its surroundings and if it is a common object that won’t raise suspicion.
E. Locking Mechanism: Finally, consider the locking mechanism of the safe. While diversion safes are not meant to be impenetrable, it’s important to choose a safe with a sturdy locking mechanism to deter casual thieves. Some safes may use a key, while others may have a combination lock.
IV. Advantages of Diversion Safes
A. Discreet One of the main advantages of diversion safes is their discreetness. Because they are disguised as everyday objects or outdoor items, they are less likely to be noticed by potential thieves.
B. Cost-effective Diversion safes are also cost-effective compared to traditional safes. They can be purchased for as little as $10, making them an affordable option for those who want to protect their valuables without breaking the bank.
C. Easy to Use Finally, diversion safes are easy to use. They don’t require any special installation or maintenance and can be easily accessed when needed.
V. Disadvantages of Diversion Safes
A. Limited Space: One of the main disadvantages of diversion safes is their limited space. Because they are designed to be discreet, they are often smaller in size and can only accommodate smaller items.
B. Risk of Detection: While diversion safes are meant to blend in with their surroundings, there is always a risk of detection. Experienced thieves may be able to spot a diversion safe, especially if they are familiar with the common objects that they are disguised as.
C. Not Fireproof: Finally, diversion safes are not fireproof. If you are looking for a safe that can protect your valuables in the event of a fire, a traditional safe may be a better option.
In conclusion, diversion safes my self defense are a discreet and cost-effective way to protect your valuables. There are several factors to consider when choosing a diversion safe, including the purpose, size, material, concealment, and locking mechanism. While they have their advantages, it’s important to consider the disadvantages as well, including their limited space, risk of detection, and lack of fireproofing.
- Are diversion safes waterproof? No, most diversion safes are not waterproof. It’s important to keep this in mind when choosing a safe and to avoid storing items that could be damaged by water.
- How do I choose the right size diversion safe for my valuables? Consider the size of the items
- Can I use a diversion safe for outdoor storage? Yes, there are several types of diversion safes that are designed specifically for outdoor use. They can blend in with your landscaping and provide a discreet way to store spare keys or small amounts of cash.
- Are diversion safes a good option for storing firearms? No, diversion safes are not a good option for storing firearms. Firearms require a secure and sturdy safe that is designed to prevent unauthorized access.
- Do diversion safes come with warranties? It depends on the manufacturer. Some diversion safes may come with warranties, while others may not. Be sure to read the product description and reviews carefully before making a purchase.
Looking for a unique way to defend yourself? Why not try something different and explore our collection of powerful self defense slingshots?